Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will it Fit?

Hybrid View

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Will it Fit?

Thanks, Jeff. Lipsky is in my neck of the woods. Good to know.

Libbi Guest

harry lipsky not on the web site anymore.. not sure who to ask.. will it fit?? wish there was a number.. the website said if arms are lower than back it will fit thru a narrow doorway.. that is so vague... most arms ARE lower than the back... even called someone to come take a look.. never called me back! want something stylish even if it is not big.. likely a tight back so I don't have pillows that need upkeep.. does anyone know anything about comfort of carlos, shumaker, metro or claudette?

GLOWSUE Guest

I sat in the Shumaker and thought it sat wonderfully. When I first saw it, I thought it looked unconventional and a little weird. But it has grown on me and now it my preferred couch if I could get it through a 31" door.

Hi, This is my first time ever posting on a forum. I hope I am in the right place. I am trying to find a power reclining, comfortable love seat for my Dad. The only catch is his doorway seems too narrow for many styles. I saw you had listed information on getting furniture in the house and how to figure out what will fit, so I am hoping you can help. The loveseat he was looking at is Signature Design by Ashley 5380474 W 63" x D 43" x H 40". His doorway is 80" H x 30 3/4 W. The front door leads into a foyer. There is approx. 8' from the front door straight ahead to the staircase on the right but there is also a hallway to the left of the stairs. Once inside the door, there is 21 3/4" on the L and 23 1/2" on the R with a large opening to the living room approx. 4' in from the front door on the L.
    Will the shipper be able to get this loveseat in the front door? He has a sofa in there now but it is narrower than what he wants to purchase. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Thanks!

Lou Ellen

Hey Duane,

Looking forward to receiving our Author Chairs soon. Now the attention turns to the basement. Number one question - What size does the doorway - straight through the garage - have to be to accomodate a French Back Sofa?

Are there other ptions beside the city sofa? I would prefer one with a back like the French Curve (w/out pillows)

Also, I am willing to tear out the door frame for the French Curve.

Thanks,

Sean

Rafree1 Guest

This is SO helpful! And I measured my widest door which is a straight shot in the house from our deck. it's a garden door almost thirty five inches!! I told you 32. Geez! My husband was explaining to me exactly what you have shown up there in your great illustration! Take the cushions off, turn to fit the way you show. On some I wonder if taking the legs off helps?

This is the BEST forum for information on purchasing a sofa I have ever seen and I've been a member on Garden Webs for a long time! Great info there too but,this is just above and beyond.

Taking the legs off can definitely help in tight spaces, but the legs don't come off on many models, so that's something to ask on a given frame before you buy.

This forum is WAY better than Garden Web, I agree <g>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Linda5555 Guest

I have money down on a Sundance sofa ,H&M, dimensions are 84"w x 46"d x 38.5"h. 26.5" on the arm height. It's a straight shot into the room I am planning to put it, no bends or turns. My door openings are 34.5" wide. Door frame is 79 " in height. Outside ceiling is ceiling is 103 " high and inside ceiling is 96 " high. Tell me I didn't just waist a ton of money. "Will it Fit'?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda5555 View Post
    I have money down on a Sundance sofa ,H&M, dimensions are 84"w x 46"d x 38.5"h. 26.5" on the arm height. It's a straight shot into the room I am planning to put it, no bends or turns. My door openings are 34.5" wide. Door frame is 79 " in height. Outside ceiling is ceiling is 103 " high and inside ceiling is 96 " high. Tell me I didn't just waist a ton of money. "Will it Fit'?
    You should be OK if you have a delivery team with some experience. Its a good idea to pad the door jambs before they come in. I carry special pads with internal spring clamps in my local delivery truck just for that reason. Most professional movers will have them as well - ask them to pad the jamb before they bring it in, and of course remove all wreaths, etc, from the door and pictures in the entry way, etc.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.