I have asked my share of questions on here both in public and private but never have I thought of calling you for anything but the one time I did which was to order some Oz polish.

One would hope the only people calling are looking to do business with you, or have asked if it's OK to call you with their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
The other day I was out unpacking sofas in front of the store. When I have 12 to 15 pieces to unpack and load in the truck, its a messy, sweaty procedure that takes up half the parking lot. I have to put down what I'm doing, come inside and catch my breath to answer the phone. I don't mind for customers, but some just come right out of left field. I had three calls in 90 minutes that afternoon that went like this (and prompted me to write up this thread update):

# 1) "Hi, I'm on your forum and have a question for you. If I have a Brazilian Cherry hardwood floor, plum-colored walls and some white accessories, what color should my upholstery be and what do you think will fit in my room?"

ANSWER: "I really have no idea. I cannot advise you how decorate over the phone with no room layout, no photographs, and no idea of your style. You have to give me more to work with and post photos, layouts, and designs you like via email or the forum."

# 2) "Its me again, calling for the third time. I almost have my local dealer to agree to match your prices, and I intend to buy locally from him, but I still have a few more questions for you that he doesn't seem to be able to answer."

ANSWER: "If you are buying locally, then your local dealer should be able to answer all your questions."

# 3): "I saw this Hancock and Moore piece on Craigslist and I live in Raleigh NC, and I want to know if you think its a good deal or not. Are you on a computer where you can look at it with me and tell me what you think?"

ANSWER: "Sorry, I'm unloading freight right now. Please ask in the forum and post a link."

That's what I'm talking about.....