Quote Originally Posted by marys1000 View Post
I was thinking of starting a thread - "if you went from coil spring to latex - what are your thoughts now?"

I've only slept on coil. Got a latex topper once and it was too firm which surprised me, I like firm! So the idea of trying latex is a big committment. Getting the right firmness, which type,
can I adjust to not being able to sit on the edge - yes the edges are a big concern.

I got on, briefly, a Jamison latex over foam at a furniture store. Felt ok. Not sure about the foam part?

I would like my next mattress to be my last but I'm 58. That won't be another 50 years

It would be nice to have good options at a medium price point so the decision doesn't feel so momentous.
I have been sleeping on the pure latext mattress since 2014. I am a big boy, so when I got it, I went with 4 x 3" layers (not 3 x 3"). After 8 years, mine feels like new, but did yellow a bit, which I only know when I rotate layers.

So far, imo, it's the best bed ever... But, I never did try quality non-latex mattress, so I cannot speak to that.