View Poll Results: What color would you pick to accompany Weston cane burnished?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capri butternut

0 0%
  • Capri harness

0 0%
  • Cameo mocha

0 0%
  • Aspen tobacco

0 0%
  • Hyde park earth

0 0%
  • Cameo carmel

0 0%

Thread: Help me pick a great leather!

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help me pick a great leather!

Having worked with Duane for the ordering of our sofa, chairs, and ottoman, I highly recommend carefully considering his advice. He knows his stuff! We selected a Capri hide for our sofa and a Hyde Park hide with light burnishing for our chairs and ottoman. The hides work together, beautifully. We are happy-happy-happy customers!

TXCajun

Hi! I see you are a big fan of the Hyde Park “hydes” and also got a chair or sofa in a Capri. I know the Capris are described as buttery soft. I love the look of the Burnished hydes, am considering Hyde Park Cognac or Earth. Do the finished pieces feel much different ( if you remember) from the little samples.

I guess I’m wondering and maybe Duane can answer as well, are the little samples “pre-burnishing”? Or is it just hard to see any highs and lows on a little sample? Also, my little sample pieces seem more matte than the Burnished pieces of furniture I see, but that could be a function of size, lighting, finish applied, etc.

I’m still deciding between the more aesthetic choice of a Sundance large and small couch, which I think are so beautiful and would fit with the few other beautiful pieces I have that are from the Far East and many Oriental carpets; my family was in the import business.

And the more utilitarian large, rambling cushy Wrangler Sofa. I’m chronically ill and horizontal a lot. My 11 year old lab, though surprisingly light on her feet and trainable to go on a designated corner with “her” blankie, will usually be nearby.

My great room ( a formal living room is separate and not even in my thoughts right now) is long, large, open has a fireplace on one wall and will have a big TV wall mounted on a perpendicular wall.

How have you “felt” sitting on your different leathers? The furniture and coffee table approximate the size of a Wrangler.

Thanks and to anyone with opinions,
    MonicaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	14B47940-E96A-464B-8A52-736AD1170F5B.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	10554

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEF4A49C-8FF4-4EA0-B5AE-FD471D06FC07.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	10555 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A686E3EC-855B-4701-B238-A8F3C1B94C19.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	10556

Floor and rock wall and dog in search of leather