Seen yesterday at the Design Edge Expo at the Gaylord Convention Center at National Harbor, this new Hancock and Moore model # 6710 "Heston" Chair in leather Nirvana Cloud with a hand-rubbed Walnut Finish. (I was able to photo it just before it was packed away).

https://www.hancockandmoore.com/Prod...tail/?SKU=6710

THIS...is a great chair. I sat in it and was impressed, then came back to it ten minutes later and sat in it again. It's one of the best chairs I have ever tried. Stylish too - it won "Best New Chair" award at the show from the Designer Edge people. Another home run from Hancock and Moore, this one you will be seeing a lot of and they are going to make a recliner variant of it as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3684.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	16127

I had dinner with the President of Hancock and Moore, Phil Brown, after all was packed away and the booth broke down, we talked for a couple of hours about the industry and commitment to quality as the keystone for H&M above targeting price points like most manufactures do. Most of the work force at H&M is paid hourly, not on piece work, because while piece work makes workers push more out per shift, hourly wages result in slightly less production but higher quality build. I agree with that as well - you have to build it right every single time because its a more expensive product and the end user expects that.

I also looked around at the other booths while there, and saw very little to catch my eye. So many makers copy trends or come out with such outlandish designs they are pretty much unusable. This Heston chair is an original design and it drew a lot of attention because of that. Hancock and Moore pays professional furniture designers a lot of money for original designs and it shows. Great company, and a great product.