Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Days at The Keeping Room

Default Re: Final Days at The Keeping Room

You had a good run and are doing what is best for you and your family. Enjoy your well earned retirement. I know you and your store will be missed by a large number of people who hav done business with you in the past and know you and how you have run this business over the years.
    Last edited by Judyg951; 1 Week Ago at 10:13 PM.

I just spent some time looking at all of your posts of new stock coming in over the years that you have had this forum. I don't think there will ever be a store that can compare to the Keeping Room It's the end of an era and both you and your beautiful store will be missed.
    Last edited by Judyg951; 1 Week Ago at 09:21 PM.

Ha ! Well, there is always someone who can do it better, perhaps with the advent of. A.I. Technology an enterprising person will come along and take it to the next level. We are in a new world with that technology and I would wager in a few years you wil be able to say to Siri or Alexis “redecorate my room using the 2029 Hancock and Moore Catalog” and in a couple of minutes you will have it on your computer screen. That is the future.

Tomorrow is the store’s last day, and I’m looking forward to puttering about the house and catching up on chores. The only bitter part was giving away $50,000 worth of furniture to Churches and Charities this week. I had hoped for a sell through of stock. Oh, well.

It’s been a great run, but time to stop. My wife has ALS which is robbing her of her mobility and she needs me at home, and i’m undergoing monthly cancer treatments. We are going to try to cram a little more living into the next few months while we still can, including one last trip to Italy in early August.

Thank you everyone for the support and patronage through the years. The Keeping Room has always been “The Little Engine That Could” and we made to the end……and the top of the hill!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ALS is an awful disease. I lost a good friend to it last year. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and your cancer treatments. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Last edited by Judyg951; 1 Week Ago at 10:25 AM.

Best of luck & enjoy that trip to Italy!

Liquidating the store while dealing with the shock of your wife’s illness as well as the return of your cancer has to have been overwhelming. I am glad you can finally focus on yourselves. Thank you for everything over the years. I hope you check in here occasionally.

Very sorry to hear of the medical challenges for both you and your wife. I hope you both are able to cram a whole lot of experiences into your time together. If you are ever in Jacksonville, my wife and I would love to take you both out to dinner! Not that there is a whole lot to do here...but the Kennedy space center is about 2 hours away and that is a spectacular sight to see.

Cheer Duane...you are one in a billion and I agree with Judy...won't be another like you.

That's a beautiful thing you did. You will never regret helping someone in need, especially someone like Julio who has been so loyal to you. Some gifts are priceless. I wish you much happiness in your retirement and wish you and your family well!