Thread: Hancock & Moore Power Recliner vs Power Recliner w/Battery

Default Hancock & Moore Power Recliner vs Power Recliner w/Battery

We are looking at purchasing the Lenny for my 87 year old father who is reasonably agile. He has an outlet nearby but he is concerned that it may get in the way when walking over to turn on the lamp that would be behind the chair. So he is insisting that the battery option would be better. The H&M rep, furniture store designer, and I think that the simple plug in option is the best as we don't know how long his agility will stay intact.
    1. How much of a pain is it to take out the battery pack to charge it?
    2. If agility is an issue in the future, can the battery pack be connected to the chair and plugged into an outlet all at the same time as if it were a plug in recliner, just a more expensive version?
    3. Does anyone have any pictures of where the cords / battery packs come out of the chair? The store we went to did not have any H&M power recliners on the showroom floor.

Thank you GAW

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Power Recliner vs Power Recliner w/Battery

When you order a battery version, you get everything for a plug-in as well. So, you can run it either way. The cord is a trip hazard to be sure, if he is walking behind the recliner.

The plug-in unit has a step-down transformer in the wire run, with the battery unit you are simply pulling the transformer off the wire plug and replacing it with a 12v battery brick. watch this video to see all the components

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/F...f-5a8071e0aed6

The wire just exits from the back of the recliner. The Transformer or Battery Brick just sits on the floor under the recliner in most H&M applications. You can request your dealer to order a velcro "pocket" for the battery brick to slide into and if they have room to fit it on this model, they will do so at no charge. It tidys everything up, but now you have to bend down and reach in under the skirt of the chair to get the battery. Batteries will run 4 to 6 weeks used daily (on average) before needed a recharge. When out of juice they just quit, they don't slow down, you can get "stuck" in the recline position and have to crawl out of the chair to recharge the battery.

I Recommend buying a spare off Amazon so you have it fully charged and ready to go, just bend down once and swap 'em. They are pretty universal and several companies make them. About $ 100 for a spare off Amazon.

You cannot charge the battery without disconnecting it from the main wire.

The Transformer is the battery charger. Also, if you want to not use the battery just mainline the transformer to the wall. Sounds more complicated than it really is.

The best battery recliner I have seen is actually by Fjord's. They have integrated the battery into the frame and you simply plug in to under the arm to charge it. Super Easy. not all models have this feature.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Power Recliner vs Power Recliner w/Battery

Thanks Duane. I really appreciate your feedback. Your explanation made it much easier for me to understand how it works.

My furniture rep got back to me and the H&M rep sent her info on the battery pack from Raffel that they use. Thought I would include a link here for others that might be looking at it. https://www.raffel.com/media/1630/bp...er-2021-12.pdf

I wish you and your wife a happy retirement.